MNCREW's Celebration Awards allow us to recognize the achievements of the members of our organization.
The MNCREW Celebration Awards honor the women who contribute to commercial real estate success in Minnesota. These awards recognize outstanding women who have displayed leadership, an understanding of the industry and have been a positive influence within their own firms and the greater industry.
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Como Park Zoo & Conservatory
Absolute Commercial Flooring
JE Dunn Construction
Animal Ambassador Sponsor: Allied Parking
2018 Event Photos
View 2018 Photo Gallery
Excellence in Design
Sleep Number Headquarters | Debra Barnes, Henricksen (formerly HGA); Paula Storsteen, HGA; Emily Nicoll, Jodie Leppa and Tanya Rooney, CBRE; and Jessica Stoe, Gardner Builders
Rally Health | Julie Kimble and Ericka Miller, KimbleCo; Catherine Vekich, Alliance Real Estate Services; Shari Bjork, DLR Group; Heather Weerheim, Greiner Construction; and Andrea Fazendin, Art Partners
Economic & Community Improvement
TIE - Treasure Island Center | Mindy Bohumolski and Darcy Futrell, RJM Construction; and B Kyle, St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce (formerly of the St. Paul Port Authority)
TIE - THOR World Headquarters | Richard Copeland, Ravi Norman, Damaris Hollingsworth, D’Angelos Svenkeson, Martin Matheny, Art Gardner and Lea Hargett, THOR Companies; Wendy Ethen, Michelle Kolling and Diane Johnson, Guaranty Commercial Title; Wade Anderson and Trina Sjoberg, Gray Plant Mooty; Michael Noonan, Real Estate Division at Hennepin County; Melissa Foster, Jayne Rizner and Rosanne Jones, City of Minneapolis; Linda Higgins, Hennepin County HRA; and Chris Ambourn, Wenck Associates
Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability
The 428 | Pat Wolf, Commercial Real Estate Services; Julie Kimble and Ericka Miller, KimbleCo; Sherry Hastings, Commercial Real Estate Partners; Jen Kruse, Dave Pothen, Brian Moore and Joe Wilcox, McGough; Kyle Lacek, Michael Nelson, Alexa Choles, Bethany DeLine, Lexi Sosalia and Julie Robertson, HDR; Dana Krakowski, Envirobate; Tom Palermo and Ryan Cairl, Master Mechanical; Larry Palm, Ace Electric; and Guaranty Commercial Title
Kristin Weise, The Opus Group
Christy Lewis, The Opus Group
Excellence in Leadership
Angela Feulner, CMA
People's Choice Top Project
This award recognizes at least two MNCREW members that successfully work together in any capacity in the commercial real estate industry.
- 2017 Winners: Guaranty Commercial Title Office Expansion/Move to Nic on 5th | Michelle Kolling, Guaranty Commercial Title; Wendy Ethen, Guaranty Commercial Title; Shari Bjork, DLR Group; Michele Hazelton, Henricksen; Cori Stenberg, Henricksen; Jane Marrone, Gray Plant Mooty; Meghan Huber, Welsh Construction; Nils Snyder, Colliers
- 2016 Winners: Waconia Office Building | Roseanne Hope, Hope Law; Kara Frank, Twin Realty Investment Company; Marilyn Herzberg, Greywolf Partners; Beth Sheehan, Guaranty Commercial Title; Darlene Personius, Greywolf Partners
- 2015 Winners: GES Las Vegas | Skye Cook, Cushman & Wakefield/NorthMarq; Erica Bubes, Cushman & Wakefield/NorthMarq Chicago; Brit Casey, Cushman & Wakefield/NorthMarq Chicago; Gina Moore, Cushman & Wakefield/NorthMarq Salt Lake City
- 2014 Winners: Financing for Dewey Hill Office/Warehouse Project | Gena Janetka, Allied Parking; Tamara Simon, Infinia Bank; Barb Chirinos, Stewart Title; Robin Armstrong, Stewart Title; Laura Graf, Lindquist & Vennum; Rebecca Goughnour, Stinson Leonard Street
This award honors a MNCREW member who consistently exemplifies CREW Network’s commitment to elevating the status of women in commercial real estate by working to advance the careers of other women, and MNCREW’s mission “To ignite the commercial real estate industry through the collective achievements and unique strengths of women.”
- 2017 Winner: Alexandra Tseffos, Silent T Consulting
Excellence in Leadership
This award honors a MNCREW member who consistently exemplifies the traits of outstanding leadership, including integrity, ability to inspire action, authenticity, decisiveness, fostering success in subordinates/empowerment of others, persistence & dedication, accountability & responsibility, and strategic thinking.
- 2017 Winner: Jill Rassmussen, Davis
This award honors a MNCREW member who consistently exemplifies CREW Network's commitment to elevating the status of women in commercial real estate by working to advance the careers of other women. There is no age limit for this award as leaders can emerge at any time in their life and career.
- 2016 Winner: Abigail Heimel, Kraus-Anderson
- 2015 Winner: Alexandra Tseffos, CBRE
- 2014 Winner: Emily Nicoll, CBRE
Excellence in Business Development, Sales & Marketing
This award recognizes a MNCREW member (or members) who has (have) demonstrated outstanding results in commercial real estate business development, sales and/or marketing on a project, program or career.
- 2017 Winner: Christy Lewis, The Opus Group
- 2016 Winners: Erica Delain, Stinson Leonard Street (Excellence in Business Development/Sales) & Brittany Rihanek, The Opus Group (Excellence in Marketing/Public Relations)
- 2015 Winner: Christy Lewis, The Opus Group (Excellence in Business Development/Sales) & Kelle Lang Staats, Guaranty Commercial Title (Excellence in Marketing/Public Relations)
- 2014 Winner: Barb Chirinos, Stewart Title
Excellence in Design
This award recognizes a project that enhances the client's work environment through the use of innovative design strategies, building materials and technology.
- 2017 Winners: @9 Amenity Center | Pam Haque, Hines; Elizabeth Samsa, DLR Group; Janice Linster, DLR Group; Shawn Gaither, DLR Group; Heather Novak, RSP Dreambox; Elle Taylor, Fluid Interiors
- 2016 Winner: Community Dental Care | Mythili Thiagarajan, Auromira Architects LLC
- 2015 Winner: Prosthodontist Tenant Improvement | Mythili Thiagarajan, Auromira Architects LLC
- 2014 Winners: General Contractor Office | Janice Linster, Studio Hive; Rebecca Kundysek, Studio Hive; Meghan Huber, JE Dunn Construction
Economic & Community Improvement
This award honors MNCREW members who participate in a real estate project that transforms the built environment and transforms and/or revitalizes a neighborhood or community, often beyond the boundaries of the project. This award showcases the critical impact real estate development can have on the lives of real people in our communities. A new real estate project can inspire and provide hope in a community, house important programs or deliver services or provide jobs.
- 2016 Winners: West Broadway Education and Career Center | Diane Johnson, Guaranty Commercial Title; Wendy Ethen, Guaranty Commercial Title; Michelle Kolling, Guaranty Commercial Title
- 2015 Winners: Excelsior Redevelopment Project | Brenda Neuenfeldt, Klein Bank; Kara Olson, GTRE Commercial; Mythili Thiagarajan, Auromira Architects LLC; Joe Ryan, Oppidan; Rob Fendler, Fendler Patterson Construction
- 2014 Winners: Riverside Plaza & Affordable Housing Redevelopment | Cindy Nosan, Guaranty Commercial Title; Carolyn Olson, Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation; Eden Spenser, Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation
Excellence in Environmental/Sustainability Project
This award recognizes MNCREW members that have led or participated in a project that demonstrates significant, measurable milestones in any of the following: energy efficiency, health and wellness, sustainable purchasing, best practices in waste management, best practices in water management, or sustainable best practices for redevelopment that measurably improve or reduce impacts to natural resources or on behalf of the people that inhabit buildings or communities.
- 2016 Winner: MN Epilepsy Group | Mythili Thiagarajan, Auromira Architects LLC
- 2015 Winner: Web-based Portal Development | Diana Opitz, Target Corporation
- 2014 Winners: Broadway Place West Lobby Remodel | Brandie Adams, Surfacequest; Wendy Thompson, Suntide Commercial Realty
This award recognizes a MNCREW member for their passionate belief in the mission of giving back to the community (any community). This member lends herself/himself to CREW, or another organization, inside or outside of business, in an impactful way.
- 2016 Winners: Women Run the Cities Committee | Ashley Moen, Cresa; Cathy Schmidt, Surfacequest; Claire Roberts, Marcus & Millichap; Meghan Huber, Welsh Construction; Sara Stafford, Creative Resources
- 2015 Winner: Sandy Spangler, Associated Bank
- 2014 Winner: Karon Smith