MNCREW is managed by a Board of Directors that works together to set and accomplish the chapter’s strategic goals—helping to advance the success of women in commercial real estate.
Serving on the MNCREW Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for leadership and networking among other ambitious women working in the commercial real estate field. The MNCREW Board of Directors operates as a strategic board.
All MNCREW Board members and committee chairs generally serve terms of two years (with the exception of the Executive Officers).
MNCREW Board of Directors
President | Delegate
Debra Whitney Barnes, CID, IIDA, LEED AP
HGA Architects & Engineers
Principal, Vice President
bdh + young architecture | interiors
REASONS TO SERVE
EXPECTATIONS OF BOARD MEMBERS
- Fulfill the above time commitments to the best of your ability; these meetings should be a priority
- Be the face of MNCREW: attend monthly programs, WRTC, networking events, golf outing, etc., as much as possible
- Promote MNCREW membership to prospective members
- Promote sponsorship opportunities (including making the ask at your company)
- Live the mission of MNCREW: To ignite the commercial real estate industry through the collective achievements and unique strengths of women
- Must be a MNCREW member
- Ideal candidates will have been active on one or more committees, preferably with co-chair experience
- Must be able to be a MNCREW “Champion” and think about what’s best for the organization, not just a champion for a particular committee, your company or your personal agenda
Past Presidents of MNCREW