A panel of experts will explain the new Opportunity Zones aspect of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and opportunities available for commercial real estate professionals.
- The basics of Opportunity Zones, how they were designated, and where they are located
- Overview of the Opportunity Zone structure and related tax implications
- Potential Opportunity Zone opportunities for commercial real estate professionals
- Potential pitfalls, unknowns, and the process for the IRS to provide clarity
Continuing Real Estate Education Credit has been applied for and 1 hour is pending approval from the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
- Dannielle Lewis, Senior Tax Manager at Wipfli, LLP
- Lisa Holter Ankel, Shareholder at Avisen Legal, P.A.
- Chris Sherman, SVP Operations & Capital Markets at Sherman Associates
- Julie Tanaka, CEO, Donate Properties
- Moderated by Roseanne Hope, Hope Law
$10 late fee added for registrations received after 2/15/19
Premium Sponsor: Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Hilton Downtown Minneapolis
The Hilton has a connected ramp, and also offers valet service.
If the Hilton parking ramp is full, the Leamington and 11th & Marquette ramps offer economical alternatives in the area. Details are available on the City of Minneapolis parking map